Rss Feed
  1. Easy and Healthy Lunch

    Monday, August 13, 2012

    I was cleaning up my house this morning and the lingering question in the back of my head was - What do I fix for lunch? I always hate those moments where you didn't plan very well and you know at any given moment your kids are going to come running in saying that they are starving and haven't eaten all day. :-) At least that's how my kids are! So my brain began to wonder and I remembered I found this recipe somewhere about butter garlic noodles. This was such an easy lunch and my kids LOVED it! My son had four helpings of the noodles and my daughter had three helpings. Here is what a threw together.

    Butter Garlic Noodles, Steamed mixed vegetables, and Fruit Salad.
    I just put the vegetables in a skillet with a little of water, butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. The fruit salad- whole grapes, cut up strawberries and cut up kiwi's, placed in a bowl with just a little sugar to tame the tartness. Recipe for the noodles will be below.
    My kids informed me that lunch was fantastic!


    our lunch (what was left of it)

    closer look

    Butter Garlic Noodles (YUM!)



    Butter Garlic Noodles

    12 oz. egg noodles or spaghetti noodles
    1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
    2tsp. parsley flakes
    1/2 teas. salt
    1/4 teas black pepper
    1/4 teas. garlic powder

    Cook pasta according to pkg direction. In saucepan over low heat, add remaining ingredients.  Heat until butter is melted; stir in hot pasta. (Now I added a little more garlic powder, salt and pepper. You will just have to taste it and season it how you like it.) very yummy!

  2. 1 comments:

    Post a Comment