Rss Feed
  1. Recipe Friday

    Thursday, August 9, 2012

    I thought that I would post a recipe on Fridays. You are hitting the weekend and if your like me and my family, our week has been crazy and it looks like the weekend is going to be the same way. I always like to do something fast and easy on Fridays. Something that doesn't take alot of time. Here is a recipe that I came up with on my own when I was a teenager. My family loves this recipe and we tend to have it quite often.

    Homemade Hamburger Helper

    2boxes of mac n' cheese
    2lbs of hamburger or ground turkey
    2 cans of sloppy joe sauce

    Cook the mac n' cheese according to the box. While that is cooking, fry your hamburger/ground turkey. Drain your grease if there is any. When mac n' cheese is cooked, mix according to the directions on the back of the box. (I tend to add a little more milk because your going to add other ingredients to it) Once the mac n' cheese is completed, then add the hamburger/ground turkey and sloppy joe sauce. Mix it up really well. I also add some Louisiana hot sauce to it. It gives it a little zip! Yum! Leave on the stove for a few more minutes on low just so it will heat through. I many times will make some cornbread muffins to go along with it or just plain bread and butter.
    Serve on a dish and fill your families bellies up. This recipe feeds us 5. And we have leftovers afterwards.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment